At Kiddies Corner our philosophy is that all of our staff work together as a team to provide the best possible care for your child. We take great care in the vetting and selection of our staff who are chosen for their caring nature in addition to their qualifications and experience. As well as their appropriate vocational qualifications our staff also hold Food Hygiene, First Aid qualifications and Medication Administration, we have a strong commitment to on-going training to ensure the maintenance of our high standards. We believe that having a contented, motivated and enthusiastic staff team is fundamental to a happy, relaxed and safe environment for the children in our care.
- Vanessa Lovejoy is our Nursery Manager. Vanessa is a fully qualified Nursery Nurse with
extensive experience in the care and education of young children,
and is also our designated staff member responsible for Safeguarding
and Behaviour Management. Vanessa is also our SPOC (Single point of contact) in line with Prevent Duty policy.
- Jenny Gibson is our Deputy Manager. Jenny is a fully qualified
Nursery Nurse with many years experience in the care
and education of young children. Jenny is also our staff supervisor and is responsibly for ensuring our staff update and maintain their training.
- The layout of the Nursery is divided into separate areas,
according to the age range of the children:
- The Baby and Tweenie Rooms, Toddler Rooms are led by Abbie Sowerby who is responsible for overseeing the care and early development of our under 3s.
Our Pre-School Rooms and Out-of-Schools / Holiday Club are each headed
by a Room Leader. All of our Room Leaders are Level 3 qualified
- Each Room Leader is supported by a team of qualified
Nursery Nurses which maintains the required ratios of children
to adults (see below).
- Staff ensure that they know all the children in their area
so that they can build up a special relationship with the children
and parents. This enables us to have an effective key worker system in place.
- There is also a back-up team of catering and cleaning staff.
We maintain the following minimum ratios of staff to
- Babies & Tweenies (children up to 2 years of age) - 1
adult to 3 children
- Toddlers (children 2 - 3 years of age) - 1 adult to 4 children
- Pre - school (children 3 - 5 years of age) - 1 adult to 8 children
- Out - of - School / Holiday Club (children 5 - 11 years of
age) - 1 adult to 8 children.